Monday, December 15, 2008

Worthless Stress

I drove Lizzie to work this morning, as is sometimes the case when something unexpected happens and a caregiver cannot work in the morning.  What always amazes me is that I am usually stressed out about this because these circumstances make me late for work.  This morning snow was falling, and road conditions were poor … stalling traffic to not even 5 mph on the freeway.  However, as my fingers firmly gripped the wheel, Lizzie sang her interpretation of her ride with me just as she usually does.  “I’m going to work first-class today … in style with my twin sister!”  I took a deep breath when I heard this; glanced over to see her radiantly happy smile, and my stressors seemed to fall into perspective.  Thank you God for using Lizzie to calm my soul.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment