Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Prayer Request

I sent this letter out to my prayer warrior friends 2 days ago after a week of getting only 3-4 hours of sleep at night because I am tending to my sister's toiletry needs. Once I am awakened, it is difficult to fall back to sleep. I am feeling like a zombie during the day as I struggle to maintain and satisfy my job requirements. I can't believe this is happening.

My dear brothers and sisters in  Christ
 
I need prayer!
"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18). 

I am asking for your intercession bc I myself am struggling with daily exhaustion to the point that I can't even ATTEMPT a prayer ...
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express" (Romans 8:26). 

And so here's my situation:
 
As most of you know, Lizzie's dementia symptoms are increasing to the extent that I am feeling empty of that "grace" that has allowed me take care of her for so many years on my own.  I have been touring group homes for a couple of months now as an alternate living situation for her.  I have FINALLY found 2 (and am visiting one more today) that satisfy my standards of expectations.  This is one of the most important decisions I have had to make in my lifetime. 
 
I need help deciding which home to place her in, her adjustment with this new living arrangement, and I also need a spiritual uplifting of my broken spirit at this time. 
Matthew 18:20 ... "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
 
Thank you, and may His peace be upon you in all your endeavors today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment