Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Refreshing Morning

I can't believe I slept until 10:30 this morning. When I saw the time, I sprang out of bed to check on Lizzie who I thought for certain would be tossing, turning, and frustrated that I had not yet came in to say good morning. I was a bit nervous for a moment when I saw an empty bed in her room and yet the house was still so silent. Much to my surprise (and quite frankly I am still in awe), she was totally dressed and ready for the day sitting at the kitchen table sorting through some mail, and when she saw me, she said, "Good morning twin sister. What should we do for breakfast?"

4 comments:

  1. This is Joyce, Sarah's mom. It is so good to see you posting again. I'm sure it must have been such a good feeling to see Elizabeth all dressed and ready to go. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. When I awaken and find my daughter's bed empty I get that worried feeling too. Usually she has fixed her breakfast already, and, perhaps mine. Hers might be ice cream and sprinkles, though once it was potato chips and sour cream. Mine is not as interesting: cereal.

    I hope that Lizzie is still enjoying her helper and going places with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading about your loving connection with your twin Lizzie. I am also a twin and know that this relationship is a gift from God. Come check out my blog called, Twincess Diaries... @ twincessone.blogspot.com
    I am also in the mental health field.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah is BEAUTIFUL!

    Linda is inspiring!

    Sarah is courageous!

    WOW!

    I feel like I am making new friends. I keep trying to keep up with this blog as I seem to keep struggling with my own health issues ... nothing horrifying or terminal ... just setbacks. UGH!

    I LUV you all!

    ReplyDelete