Sunday, March 13, 2011

Not Going To Be Easy

So during dinner, Lizzie actually had a conversation with me about the group home, although I didn't call it HER group home. I asked her why she didn't want to have dinner there, and her response was that she wanted to have dinner with ME. I asked her if she would like to spend the night there, and she said an emphatic NO because she wants to sleep in her own bed. I told her they have a brand new bed for her, and she said "that's not the same". I told her she could take her bed there, and she said "I just don't feel like it."

2 comments:

  1. Does she have all her blankets, pillows, pictures/decorations etc from home? That would help A LOT. I'm sorry this is tough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tasha, and thanks for your comment! I did all that. Her bedroom looks just like it did here, and at first that seemed to confuse her as she said, "But this is not my house." Here at home, her room is kind of sparse, but she doesn't seem to mind that at all.

    ReplyDelete