Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thinking About Chicago

Lately my cousin Paul and I have been fantasizing about having enough money to someday move back to the Chicago area and even to buy the house we spent so many years in on Washtenaw & Leland.

So a few nights ago I scouted the job postings board for my professional organization for something in Chicago and found one on Michigan Ave that sounds like it has potential for being a good match for me. The scary part is that I actually entertained the idea for about 35 minutes. The question always arises about what would I do about my sister and my animals? Then FEAR set in ... UGH

Last night I stayed up until 1:35 am looking for houses in Chicago and found a cute one on Washtenaw near Devon. I wonder what that neighborhood is like these days. Though not the same neighborhood per se, it would be full circle for me. Here in Reno, I woke up just a short while ago to a bright sunshiny day ... in the 70's ... no clouds ... no bugs ... no humidity ... beautiful views of snow-capped mountains ... I think I have lost my mind!

All my decisions revolve around Elizabeth. I know in my brain that living in Chicago would be terrible for her health because she struggles with upper-respiratory stuff in cold weather. Moving out of state would mean I'd have to start all over with state funded supports which is a story in itself and one of the primary reasons I started this BLOG.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading more, and gulping GULPING hoping there will be a cure for Aldsheimers 35-40 years hense....
    Your love shines through all that you write....

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, the song you have on the side is so near to the name of my blog that I downloaded it. I am listening to it.. and crying still one the fourth hearing....
    I don't think that Ricki is my hero... but she is, in many ways, the wings beneath a large part of my life...

    ReplyDelete