Sunday, December 21, 2008

Yesterday was Saturday, and on Saturdays we usually run errands.  The traffic was crazy, and even though we weren't far from home, I just wanted to make it a short day out on the roads. To my surprise, my sister was fine with that.  We had a peaceful afternoon in the quiet of our home, and actually took a nap for the first time in a long time!

Last night, as I was sitting with Lizzie on the sofa waiting for a friend to come over so we could go to a Toys 4 Tots Xmas party, she asked, "Where are you going?"   Now I always have to come up with something creative so she won't respond by asking me why she can't come along and then follow with playing her pouting card so I feel guilty about going out without her.  I responded with, "I'm going to a party to look for a new boyfriend."  (Well, I can hope, can't I?   LOL) Her response touched my heart so much that I almost didn't go!  "You don't need a boyfriend, twin sister.  You have me!"  Ah yes ... a beautiful ending to a pleasant day.

I Love You


No comments:

Post a Comment